For a unique spin on a traditional Halloween party, ditch the scary werewolves and grab some sparkle! These ‘glamoween’ party ideas are a fun way to add some glitz and glamour into your next Halloween celebration.
Invitations – In your party invitation, you could ask guests to come dressed up in a glamorous costume. This could be as extravagant as a beautiful princess or as simple as a traditional witch with a colorful feather boa. Alternatively, you could ask guests to come as they are and to select a glamorous costume at the party. Upon arrival to the party, you could let guests select from a variety of masquerade masks, feather boas, temporary sparkling tattoos, tiaras, plastic jewelry and more.
Decorations – With a little bit of sparkle, traditional Halloween decorations can turn into glamoween decorations!
Some creative ideas include:
• Black glitter spiders, birds and bats
• Black lace tablecloth
• Chandelier wall decal with adhesive gems
• Feather boas in pink, lime green and dark purple
• Pink sparkling placemats (a piece of sparkling pink scrapbook paper works perfectly)
• Plastic witch caldron
• Damask print cupcake wrappers
• Printable glamoween party supplies like a banner, cupcake circles and party favor tags
• Wooden craft decorative frames spray painted with sparkling paint
• Tall black candlesticks
• Tall black, pink and purple feathers in black flower vases
Food – There are so many ways to take classic party food and give it a glamoween twist.
Some delicious ideas include:
• Black licorice labeled as “Spider Legs”
• Cookies topped with plastic spiders labeled as “Creepy Cookies”
• Green apple gummies labeled as “Frog Eyes” or “Witch Warts”
• Chocolate pudding with gummy worms, topped with crushed chocolate cookies labeled as “Dirt Worm Cups”. These can be served in plastic martini glasses.
• Miniature pizzas with two black olive eyes labeled as “Mummy Pizzas”
• Apple slices and caramel dip labeled as “Caramel Apple Fondue”
• Apple-shaped cake pops in a plastic witch’s caldron labeled as “Poisoned Pops”
• Bottles of colorful pop with paper straws
Activities – Since it is a Halloween party, you’re going to want to showcase all of the creative costume ideas. This could be done through a slightly spooky glamoween photo booth or a red carpet costume fashion show full of ‘paparazzi’ (little guests each with a disposable camera).
Activities that turn into party favors are always a fun idea. For a glamoween party, a creative idea is to make Halloween-inspired jewelry with sparkling beads, plastic spiders and more.
A pumpkin dress-up activity is a great take-home favor idea. Each guest could be given a mini pumpkin, some adhesive gems and glitter glue to make their own glamoween pumpkin.
Favors – In addition to the crafts created during the activity portion of the party, some fun ideas for glamoween party favors include:
• Fancy candy apples
• Masquerade masks
• Personalized trick-or-treat bags that look like large purses
Cheryl is a married mother of one. She is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with a strong interest in parties and event planning. She is the owner and writer for Moms & Munchkins (www.momsandmunchkins.ca), which is filled with ideas for family fun, activities for kids, party ideas, party planning tips, holiday fun, moms’ night out ideas and more.
Calgary’s Child Magazine © 2019 Calgary’s Child